Yakima Pediatrics – Social Distancing
We hope you are practicing social distancing! We are too!
To help protect our patients, families, and staff, we have temporarily implemented the following changes:
Patients & Visitors
- We ask that only ONE person accompany a child to their appointment.
- Anyone entering the building (including our staff!) will be screened for symptoms and fever prior to entering. Anyone who is not well, other than patients being seen for sick visits, will not be permitted in the building.
- All age-appropriate patients and family members will be asked to bring a mask or given a mask at check in. Our staff will all be wearing masks as well.
- All well exams will take place during designated times in the morning and early afternoon.
- We continue to encourage well child checks. In order to better control the number of patients in the building at one time, we are limiting availability. If your child is due for a well child exam, please call us to check current availability.
- As always, we are highly encouraging vaccines to help prevent illnesses! A nurse visit may be available if your child is due for vaccines (but not coming in for an appointment).
- Same-day sick visits are still available! Our schedule is more spread out to limit the number of patients in the clinic at one time.
- Respiratory concerns or COVID-19 concerns will be triaged by a nurse and may be scheduled for car-side or telehealth visits.
- For car-side visits, our medical team will wear personal protective equipment and evaluate the patient in the car.
- We are now offering virtual telehealth visits that can be done in the comfort of your own home. We can address concerns such as: constipation, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, cough and cold symptoms, acne, anxiety, depression, pink eye, allergies, rashes, acne, behavioral concerns, and contraception.
- Telehealth visits are done by a Yakima Pediatrics provider and often require no in-person exam.
- If needed, the provider may ask you to bring your child to the clinic for vital signs, labs, or a brief exam. This can be done without entering the building!
24/7 Nurse Line
- This hasn’t changed – But now felt like a good time to remind everyone that we have a nurse available by phone 24 hours a day to answer your questions!