We welcome you as our patient and want to make your visit with us as pleasant and beneficial as we can.
Here is some information that might make your visit run more smoothly:
What can I expect?
- Plan to arrive to your appointment 15 minutes early.
- Plan to provide a photo ID and insurance information
- Expect minimal wait time in exam rooms.
- If arriving more than 10 minutes late for a scheduled appointment, we may require that your appointment be rescheduled for another day.
- Future scheduling may occur once you check out, or we may contact you later to schedule the appointment.
- Appointment cancellation is required 24 hours in advance (1 hour in emergency situations).
General Information on Treating Minors
- Individuals bringing minor children to receive dental treatment, must be a parent/guardian or bring written consent of parent/guardian.
- Kinship Caregivers (grandparents, aunts or uncles, adult sibling, etc.) may consent to dental care for a child under specific circumstances.
- A legally-emancipated minor or a minor married to either an adult or an emancipated minor is treated as an adult.
- Adults unsure of their authorizations are encouraged to contact the dental clinic prior to the visit and inquire
- The law allows a provider to ask for proof that an individual is a relative caregiver responsible for the child’s care.
Our clinic is a teaching clinic. This means:
- You might see another provider on your care team.
- All providers on that care team work together in order to assure you receive quality care.