Yakima Pediatric’s FAN! (Fitness and Nutrition) Program is an exciting new program where youth learn and develop good fitness and nutrition habits.
About the Program:
A youth is referred by a pediatrician if they feel it would be beneficial to the candidate’s health and well being. After an interview with a Behavioral Health Consultant, they are accepted into the program if the BHC agrees that the program is a good fit for the youth.
The program is free to participants and is administered through Volution Fitness and Healthy Eats Nutrition Service.
The program is an 8 weeks duration and accommodates 18 families. Family support for the participants is strongly encouraged.
What is included:
- An initial 30 minute meeting with a trainer and an initial 30 minute meeting with a nutritionist for the purpose of setting SMART goals
- A 2 hour cooking class and a 1 hour grocery store walk through during the course of the program
- Twice weekly 45 minute movement classes where students level up as goals are achieved and targets are met
- Weekly 15 minute consult with the nutritionist
- The parents and participating child get a gym membership for only $10.00 per month for the duration of the program
- At the end of the program, the participant can be referred back into the next program if the Pediatrician and the BHC feel it would be beneficial
About Volution Fitness:
Volution Fitness is a locally owned and operated training facility and is specifically dedicated to helping our clients achieve results. We are a great fit for those who are interested in learning how to quickly and safely achieve real results in fitness. We offer a great environment, top notch tools, and coaching to achieve success.
Learn more at: http://www.volutionfitness.com/
About Healthy Eats Nutrition Services:
Elaina Moon has a BS in Nutrition and Non-profit Organizational Management from Central Washington University. She is an ACE Certified Health Coach, CDC Diabetes Prevention Lifestyle Coach, and Certified ACT! Facilitator.
“I am here to help you find ways of implementing nutrition, activity, and behavior changes that work for your lifestyle.” -Elaina Moon
Learn more at: http://healthyeatsnutrition.com/