March is National Nutrition Month
National Nutrition Month® is an annual nutrition education and information campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The campaign, celebrated each year during the month of March, focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Here are some nutrition tips for a healthy diet.
1. Choose good carbs, not no carbs. Whole grains are your best bet.
2. Pay attention to the protein package. Fish, poultry, nuts, and beans are the best choices.
3. Choose foods with healthy fats, limit foods high in saturated fat, and avoid foods with trans fat. Plant oils, nuts, and fish are the healthiest sources.
4. Choose a fiber-filled diet, rich in whole grains, vegetables, and fruits.
5. Eat more vegetables and fruits. Go for color and variety—dark green, yellow, orange, and red.
6. Calcium is important. But milk isn’t the only, or even best, source.
7. Water is best to quench your thirst. Skip the sugary drinks, and go easy on the milk and juice
8. Eating less salt is good for everyone’s health. Choose more fresh foods and fewer processed foods.
9. Pack Healthy Snacks. Hunger happens! Sometimes, no matter how well you’re prepared, you need a snack to continue to fuel your day.
10. A daily multivitamin is a great nutrition insurance policy. Some extra vitamin D may add an extra health boost.
Use #NationalNutritionMonth to post on social media. Spread the word about how you are boosting your nutrition this month! Eat